Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift (PPG#325266)
Itasca, IL 60143
Are you an experienced manufacturing maintenance mechanic who prefers working 3rd shift?
Do you like a 10% shift differential?
Is work/life balance important to you?
If you are a Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic who wants to work for a company that has great pay, benefits and a maintenance department with a friendly and cooperative team of maintenance pros - this job is for you!
Starting pay at $26/hr plus 10% 3rd shift differential for total hourly rate of $28.60
Some overtime can be expected after initial 90 day training period.
We're Recruiting for a direct hire experienced Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic with well-rounded skills in Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance skills. Qualified Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic candidate will have their own tools and the ability to work independently 2 shifts per week and with a team member 3 shifts per week.
Hours are 11pm to 7am Sunday night through Friday morning.
Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic Position Summary: Perform duties to maintain and repair a variety of production and plant facility equipment.
Work closely with production personnel on equipment repairs.
Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic Primary Responsibilities
- Work from daily job assignments, prints, schematics, mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, machine manuals, sketches, preventive maintenance check sheet and instructions
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and component units such as motors, gear boxes, rollers, bearings, mandrels, and electrical units as needed, reassemble and make final equipment adjustments.
- Perform regular checks on all building equipment such as, pumps, chillers, compressors, and power system as required.
- Respond quickly to plant breakdowns and emergency situations and work on off shifts as directed.
- Perform PLC program changes and troubleshoot programs using hand held programmer or laptop computer.
- Fabricate parts as required and requisition repair parts as needed.
- Lay out circuits and install electrical wiring systems to handle required loads for various parts of the plant, run lines, make connections, install proper safety devices and provide for necessary outlets and switches.
- Install and hook-up manufacturing equipment, exercising care as to size of motors, voltage requirements, and balance circuits for proper power distribution.
- Perform periodic programming, tests or checks of equipment including switches, control panels, pressure controllers, temperature controllers, glue machines, alarms, clocks and motors for proper operation.
- Perform repairs and calibrate electrical and/or electronic instruments such as heat controls, timers, panels, circuits, relays and delays.
- Perform for die maintenance and change overs • Assist external contractors with on-site maintenance projects.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
If not the job for you, who do you know that might be interested in this job?
SHARE this job with your professional network.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED. Some college coursework preferred, but not required.
- English language skills required. Bilingual in Spanish or Polish a plus, but not required.
- Basic computer skills to write e mails and document information, work orders and PMs in maintenance software program.
- Ability to work independently on 3rd Shift
Apply NOW by Clicking on "Apply Now"
- Or Call us at (630) 297-2004
- Or Send your resume to Apply@BartonPPG.com
- Or Apply online at www.BartonPPG.com
Check out our Google Reviews
Visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook company pages