CNC Programmer - 1st Shift - Great Company! (PPG#331767)
River Grove, IL 60171 US
- Without supervision, write, edit, run programs to set-up and operate CNC and manual machines for the complex machining, parts and fittings including very close tolerances or unusual requirements
- Identify machine tools, feeds, speeds and set-ups in order to reduce possible scrap parts and prevent machine damage then monitor and take preventative action as needed
- Take measurements of parts and ensure they meet specifications. Understand the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and apply it to machining operations.
- Perform first piece inspection for products produced and for other machinists as needed
- Debur and perform other secondary operations as needed
- Teach other machinists how to program and edit programs for the CNC equipment that we have in the shop.
- Look for opportunities to reduce costs by utilizing CNC equipment to combine operations from multiple machines into one CNC machine.
- Log in and out of Jobs using the Job Boss station provided to place time on jobs
- Meet the estimated job times as set forth in the standards or estimates for the job being run
- Meet the due dates as set forth on the Job Traveler
- Maintain a neat work environment using 5S and Lean techniques
- Can program CNC equipment
- Good knowledge of feeds, speeds, inserts, machine tools
- Knows how to physically lift, move parts and use the hoist if part is too heavy to move manually Computer Knowledge
- Knowledge of how to use the Job Boss station to log in and out of jobs
- Basic understanding of Job Boss and Excel and able to populate information into these formats if given some basic instruction
- Knowledge of CNC programming in order to run CNC machines
- Able to read and understand drawings work instructions, identify products and other documentation pertinent to this position
- Able to take measurements and record them
- Knowledge of how to use Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Willing to learn new skills, expand knowledge and seek personal development. Takes initiative to understand and propose improvements with machining applications and with other areas of the organization when called upon.
- Willing to use ISO9001 procedures and work instructions • Willing to assists and train other machinists when called upon
- Helps to maintain and improve the work environment Planning and Organization
- Can organize his/her work for best use of time and ability to meet job schedules
- Understands and maintains the proper balance of quantity and quality of work H.R. Skills
- Relates effectively and diplomatically with other associates in one-on-one and team situations
- Some knowledge of machining, welding, assembly and specialty processes products
- Knows how to find, read, copy, attach and work with drawings, work instructions, job travelers and related documentation.
- Some knowledge of how to use Job Boss for job, material and scheduling related items.
- Good understanding of Excel is preferable – will need to export reports from Job Boss and manipulate the data to provide needed information in a presentable format.
- Able to work with directories, folders and files to properly recall, store and maintain files. Documentation
- Able to read and understand drawings, work instructions, identify products and other documentation pertinent to this position
- Able to understand and assist with initiation and completion of ISO9001 requirements, documents and records. center for best use of time and resources to meet job schedules.
- Must speak and write fluent English
- Good knowledge of Star product/process experience - or equivalent experience outside
Or Send your resume to Apply@BartonPPG.com
Or Apply online at www.Bartonstaffing.com